Cab corners, fu3k.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I have been looking at these 3 little bubbles for several months now. Well after picking at them tonight, here is what Ive got. Im going to look in there with a camera. I will have to get the owner to bring his so I can see in there. I think I got all of the rust, but I will look inside to see. If I got it all, I will fill weld the holes. I really dont want to change the whole corner if I dont have to. $hit, I dint want to have to do this, oh well, there no turning back now. I go some navel jelly in there for now.
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I cut some small plugs out of scrap metal. I welded them in place, ground down the welds and primed for now. I will still need to use a body filler, sand, and sand , and sand, then prime and sand then paint.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are there drains in the corners?

Kind of surprised you had rust there given our climate.
Rite, yea there are drains, and mine were not clogged up at all. What really baffles me is why that high up. At the bottom of the cab corner I could under stand, but just a little under the seam???. The only thing I can figure is a while back, I had water on my 3ed door, door handle. Like maybe it rained in there. I have been watching it, and dont see that again, so IDK maybe the door wasnt shut rite with all the rain it just seeped in, IDK. Maybe also, because it rusted from the inside out, maybe there was no or almost no paint there, on the inside, so it didn't take a lot to make the metal rust. I think I will make a hole in the back of the panel with a hole saw so I can treat the new repair. Before I repaired it, I drenched it on the inside with Ospho. I know that stuff works. I looked in there with the a cable camera we have at work. Before I Osphoed it, I could see some surface rust. After the Ospho, it was all gone. I didn't see any big flaking spots. Looks like I got all of that out.

Last edited: