C4 irs in a 95 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

907 gmc 95

Reaction score
Who can help a brother out. I've got a 95 GMC K 1500 and I'm getting ready to do the 383 twin turbo I've got a C4 rear end that I think can be put in not too difficult. I know Boyd Coddington did it for Eddie Van Halen but I don't have Deep Pockets I need advice and I'll post pictures I also need to know about the lower control arms on a gmt400 4 wheel drive as far as a coilover swap for the front anyone was good advice by all means let me know

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First of all, Eddies truck was a 2wheel drive. Trying to do this to a 4wheel drive isn't quite the same. Number one there is no control arm swap or change, you just put coil overs on. Number two you would have to match the gear ratio to the front differential. You said you don't have deep pockets, and doing a gear swap to a Vette rear end is not cheap. Number three, a Vette r/e just isn't going to last in a 4x4.

I guess the question to ask is what are you trying to accomplish? Why would you want to run coil overs? Just to get rid of the torsion bars? You can't run them in the normal location like in a 2wd, the axle is in the way.

If you're trying to make a truck like Eddies, sell the 4x and find a 2x-your life will be way easier. Then all these things will make sense....