C3500 6.5 Diesel Slow Build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
So i hit a deer with my extended cab C2500, so i needed a replacement til it gets fixed.
Drove 3 hours to pick up a C3500 Crew Cab 6.5 Diesel

The good:

Crew Cab
No Rust
Good Gas Mileage

The Bad:

Needs a new PMD
2WD
Cheyenne Package (vinyl seats / rubber floors)

Future Plans: (still have to fix other truck, so its gonna be a SLOW build

SS Diesel PMD/Heatsync
New Exhaust - straight 4" pipe
Bucket Seats
Carpet to replace rubber
Tow Mirrors
Lift Spindle For Leveling
Fender Flares
LED Tails
New Headlights / Turn Lamps

Attachments

• IMG-20120906-01051.jpg
    IMG-20120906-01051.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Empire-20120906-01052.jpg
    Empire-20120906-01052.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 27

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
do not put that heatsync on the intake, use a remote mount harness and put it in the bumper or behind the grille, the intake mount is the worst possible place.

if not has been done already, i would upgrade to the later gm-8 turbo and upgrade the cooling to the 97-99 ho water pump and 9 blade fan, do not bother with the dual thermostat

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
SS Diesel Supply has tested it, saying that the best place is on the top of the intake because the cable shouldn't exceed 8"

I've gone back and 4th between SS Diesel Supply and PMD Cable..

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
SS Diesel Supply has tested it, saying that the best place is on the top of the intake because the cable shouldn't exceed 8"

I've gone back and 4th between SS Diesel Supply and PMD Cable..

they are full of bull and just want to sell their product, ask anyone over on dieselplace, the best place is outside the engine bay all together, heath or kennedy both make a nice relocating pmd kits with 7 year warranty but you can use that heatsync with a quality extension cable to do the same for less, be sure to use a stanadyne pmd and no other, all others are made by flight systems and they go all toyota on you when they fail

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
okay i figured that, I'm going to do some further investigation before i drop close to $300 on any product... we'll see, this is the first electronically injected one i've worked with

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
they are full of bull and just want to sell their product, ask anyone over on dieselplace, the best place is outside the engine bay all together, heath or kennedy both make a nice relocating pmd kits with 7 year warranty but you can use that heatsync with a quality extension cable to do the same for less, be sure to use a stanadyne pmd and no other, all others are made by flight systems and they go all toyota on you when they fail

X2! Note the How to in my sig on this topic. Granted i went FS this time around but im sure later on i will prob upgrade to the Grey Standadyne.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
you can get the same heat sync from hucksdorf diesel and they have far better service than walt(ss diesel), don't buy walt's marine injectors either, they will not give you the power he says, the 80hp chip is a lie too, it will improve power but not any 80hp

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Nice looking CC. Looking forward to the build.

Snotrocket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you put that PMD on the intake you can kiss it goodbye. SSD is absolutely full of it. When it's mounted on the intake it gets heat soaked constantly. At least when it's on the pump it is cooled by the fuel when it's running.

Move it behind the license plate through the bumper nostrils. How do you know it's the PMD? Do you have a spare to test it?

I would buy the kit from www.pmdcable.com personally. They have a great reputation.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
how about through the firewall into the cab? i like that idea and hide it up under the dash?