C1500 Dual Battery Really Necessary?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattj96

Reaction score
My recently acquired 98 C1500 5.7 has a very slow crank on startup and it's getting worse, so I am going probably need to replace the battery, but my truck has two batteries. I don't want to pay for 2 batteries, is it easy to revert back to a single battery? There isn't any winch or subwoofers or anything that would necessitate dual batteries.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Chance might have it, one of those batteries (driver’s side) isn’t actually wired into main electrical. Probably an isolator on inner fender well. So you might actually by able to swap the batteries from side to side and solve your problem.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Yea, no reason you need two if there's no extra draw from anywhere. Big question is why is there two in there to begin with?

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Dual (auxiliary battery) was available from the factory. RPO TR2. For accessories, winch, plow, trailer.

Mattj96

Reaction score
Had them tested and both were bad, so i put two new batteries in. Now its starting and running just fine, but right after I put the batteries in the front drivers side signal is constantly on and that headlight doesn't work.