Bypassing guage cluster oil pressure guage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InsanePyro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a mechanical oil pressure gauge in my truck when I did the engine swap. I'm wondering if its ok to just leave it pegged past 80 or not. I've had some people say it doesn't matter and some say the computer takes a reading from that and it can effect performance.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your oil pressure sensor/switch is also tied into your fuel system.. if you really want/need that mechanical Guage I would add a t to the original position and keep the stock sensor hooked up and add the mechanical gauge connection to the other side of the t...

InsanePyro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean I've been driving with it like that )pegged past 80) for a few months....I really don't feel like dicking around back there....can I put a resistor in there?

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I drove my 90 for a while with the oil sensor unplugged and the gage pegged at max and didnt have a problem. Not 100% sure if a 93 is set up the same. I would avoid a resistor because they get very hot and would be afraid it could catch something on fire.