busted bell houseing and 5 speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 96 gmc nonstock 305 and have just recently slung drive shaft in return twisted my tranny busting the bell housing all the way around and busting the slave cylinder in half (the drive shaft came loose and 130mph only had to take out crossmember to remove tranny lol glad to be alive) I need to know where can get new tranny or if i can replace it with 6 speed munsy or sum sport stand tranny.

also would like to know what the diff is between mg5 and m50?

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol yea i know driveshaft loop is goin in when get tranny back in

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
what would the gain be if swapped to t56 over the 5 speed? would i get better performance out of it? or better fuel mileage lol

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would have to check your tran's. gear ratio's vs the T56 to know if you would gain any mileage, but I can tell you they will hold up to a lot more power than the 5 speed that came in the 1/2 ton truck's, I have had several friend's destroy the original 5 speed trans that came in this body style.

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
kool im not sure of the ratios on the trans i have but i have 3.42 gears in rear

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not in hurry to get it back together i just drug out my 89 bagged stepside toy today that i have had put up for while drive it again for little bit while i get al my stuff together for my 96 toy