Burnt and reborn 93 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice I plan to drop that similar combo into my 87 chevy when I get the time and money and actually start on that project

hoover

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Tomorrow im going to my friends shop to finish up the wiring, de-VATS the ecm, button up some minor details...should be pumping air tomorrow. Tuesday the plan is to get the exhaust done, alignment, and then the test drive. Its been a busy weekend, nothing seemed to go right today (too wide for my trailer was a pretty big problem),BUT its close!

camoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to tear my front end apart just so it can be as clean as yours underneath! Lol. Maybe once I gather the parts for a solid axle!

hoover

Reaction score
Im actually glad it burnt so i HAD to paint it LOL...i KNOW if it wasnt as bad as it was I would have left it alone...

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im actually glad it burnt so i HAD to paint it LOL...i KNOW if it wasnt as bad as it was I would have left it alone...
Are there any differences as far as motor mounts, cross members etc between the gmt 400&800 trucks? Just curious how easy that 5.3 plus drive train swaped in. Keep it going, truck looks awesome .

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Very nice!!! the motor looks like it came stock. Well, once some of that wiring is sorted out. Great job!

hoover

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I guess I could quit being useless and provide a little insight on the subject lol

I used ICT Billet adjustable mounts...dont do that...just buy 1" setback mounts.
You must be registered for see images attach

I placed the mounts at 1" set back and everything fell right into place, tranny crossmember worked, driveshafts work, plenty of clearance for exhaust....its EASY. The mounts bolt to the LS block, then your factory clamshells bolt to the adapter mounts.

I wish i would have taken a picture of the corvette fuel filter/regulator assembled and mounted...I will tomorrow. Thats really easy once you know what to order.

I did have to drill out the plugged water hole on the passenger side head, its on the rear.....drilled, tapped to 3/8NPT, installed the 1993 water temp sending unit...EASY

Using E-fans from a 2004 silverado (what the motor came from)...mounting was cake...

I decided to relocate the battery to the driver side...now i know youre wondering how and why I mounted it the way I did lol...I wanted a factory battery tray for the driver side, forgot to grab one....my shop is 30 min from civilization, So i modified the factory passenger side tray to work on the driver side...mounted sideways, it makes it easier to get to the cables.

You can use the stock 5.3 truck radiator hoses

Im using a spectre CAI for a 2004 silverado 5.3...any will work i suppose

If anybody has any questions I will try to answer them...but as for the swap, if youre thinking about doing it....do it...its easy