build a brush guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
Hello my story is i bought a guard of witch i thought was a brush guard but ended up being to short. so im going to build a brush guard for my 98 chevy 1500 any tips or ideas and desgins anything usefull would be great.. please post comments

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Might be easier to just build a whole bumper so you don't have to mess with all the different size tubing and bending it perfectly. A full bumper should offer more protection too. Just my .02

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just build a big bumper with a brush guard on it, then it would be stonger, and the whole thing could match.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I had just a small little pipe up front like by my front plate when I have pushed cars/trucks out of traffic it messes it up.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
My first idea was a dimond plate reinforced like the i belive the brand is tough country bumper brush guards. Where the bumper and brush guard are one whole peice. But what stopped me is i love the chrome bumper of the truck. But then again all the acents are black. Are there any plans out there for them brush guard bumpers?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
After i SAS my truck ill be building a winch bumper with brushguard, gonna use angle iron for a frame and diamond plate with a door on the top for access to the winch

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
Ok think i got a winch bumper from the post above. Gonna angle iron a bumper get dimond plate paint black. Make the whoole bumper dimond plate look with a winch. Then build a brush guard on top gonna use qtr inch steel in a i shape for a middle run tubes between the two sides then brind tubes around headlights. Sorry its really late and im tired so if my spelling and grammer is off please forgive me. Have a great christmas