Bucket to bench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I want to do the conversion.:beatdeadhorse5: I will miss my center console but I want a bench seat. So I would like to know which truck I should look at tearing it out of. Probably a W/T. Its a '96 so I know I can do it.
What other years could I take it out of? I'm guessing anything from '88 to '98.

Thanks guys.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I believe it is possible for all 88-98s. Not sure of difference between reg/ext/crew cab seating. But seats will either bolt directly to your risers or to the floorpan, may need to drill 2 holes for bolt placement.
I've got an extended cab, and I hate the front seats 60/40 bench seats.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
If yer goin from bucket to bench, any 88-98 will fit. The bench riser is a 4 piece design that only bolts to the outer bolt holes. Its basically the outer bucket brackets bolted together with two cross members.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
94Sierra4x4 you hate bench seats? or buckets?

I'll look into those and see if I can find one maybe on craigs or somethin.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Not a fan of my 60/40 bench. I would prefer just two buckets, with a center console.

Shelby, the single bench in reg cab trucks only have 4 bolts holding it down to the floor? as opposed to 4 per bucket? I think I see what your saying anyways

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If I were you I would get a 60/40 bench out of an extended cab truck.

And let me guess, you want a bench so yo gurl can sit closer right?

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes sir. Well and so I can sleep in it for long trips.

94Sierra4x4: Buckets are nice. But I just want to switch it up. Ill keep all of that stuff so It can be put back in. But I want to try the bench for a bit.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Not a fan of my 60/40 bench. I would prefer just two buckets, with a center console.

Shelby, the single bench in reg cab trucks only have 4 bolts holding it down to the floor? as opposed to 4 per bucket? I think I see what your saying anyways

Yes the bench is secured to the floorpan with the outer 2 bolts per side. No center bolts

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im just the opposite! i have a bench seat in my 91 and i want to put the bucket/fold down center console in mine. not sure how much custom work that would take tho.