broke this heater hose and need a part number. pic inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah mine broke the first time I pulled the motor. I replaced it, and it broke the next time as well. It's an $8 piece and is made of cheap pot metal. I did as Draggin mentioned and and haven't had any more issues. The new nipple was iron and about 3 times the weight while being half the size.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should I flush the engine with
the intake on of off? I also have to replace the water pump too. Would it be better to leave the old pump on and flush or pull it off along with intake and flush that way? I know I will never get all the old coolant out but I want to get out as much as I can. I also will start using distilled water and antifeeze from now on.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well since you have the intake off I would pull the block drain plug, and the water pump, and use a funnel and flush away. Just don't pour it in so fast that you cause it to flood out of the other water port's in the head and down in to the engine oil pan

Lost06

Reaction score
I have leak at that fitting on my truck. Its on there pretty tight and leaking bad! I have the nipple but because of the severity of the leak and lack of time to fix it, I was thinking of JB welding it until
I do have time. Any thoughts?

GMC Ranch

Reaction score
my friggin fitting broke while its on the truck (of course) - had I been thinkin I wouldve just changed the retainer and O ring from the new part and left it alone. Any tricks to getting the busted piece out with the large easy out? Wheres a good place to get one? I need to do a coolant flush for sure now, but, dont wanna make a bunch of extra metal shavings to eventually eff something else up. needless to say - Im gonna put that nipple in that everyone has previously used. Any pictures of the nipple conversion? Need help ASAP as the truck is my DD and only ride

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
post 24 and 25 on gmfs in my thread i did this,

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261107

if you cant see it heres what it is

alright so heres for future reference if someone needs to know what to get idk if it varies between obs's but its probably different for nbs and etc.

but here is what i got
i read multiple different sources that said the fitting was 5/8s by 1/2 well that proved to be wrong well at least for me it did

prt numbers are for oreillys

i got a murray ac fitting 3/4 Inch Hose X 1/2 Inch Mp (prt number 84733)
guy gave me 2 ft of 3/4 inch hose
bought some clamps

wrapped the threads of the fitting with some of that Teflon white thread tape screwed it in then just connected the hose at the manifold then the heater core and tightened the clamps. I ended up pouring a little water into the overflow to be safe since a little fluid dripped out as i was removing the old one!

You must be registered for see images attach

final

yes i know its dirty under the hood i realize that

2 foot of hose worked perfectly