Brakes got worse after brake job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What I meant by the soft rubber lines wasn't being damaged, but rather just drying out from old age. Same thing with tires. When they get old they can dry rot and crack.

So the rubber lines can expand when hitting the brakes which takes away some fluid pressure from the brakes until the pedal takes up all their swelling

steampunk1375

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I had to ask. I've seen it before. I agree with what Michael is saying 100%.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay i understand what you mean now with the rubber- but the rubber would have been just as soft last week before the brake job. Regardless the lines were changed 2 years ago, so i would think there still somewhat good (haha i hope). The pedal seems to be getting better with just driving it, the rear adjustment definiatly helped thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If those soft lines are only 2 years old they should not be dry. So I would say that that isn't am issue then.

At least it's getting better. Maybe there is just a bunch of small air bubbles in the lines that are slowly working their way back up to the master cylinder and then out.