brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moosifer

Reaction score
Nothing high tech here yet just tryin to get the brake lights to work. Flashers, turn signals, running lights work fine, new brake light switch installed, traced the wires from back to front, all the fuses are good, what am I missing here? I have a 90 Silverado, 350/700R4, 2500.
I've had this truck almost 10 years, painted it last year, doing engine and tranny mods this year and have joined this forum in the hopes on not making the mistakes others have had to endure.
Thanks for you assistance.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the wires going to the brake light switch I had the wires like 2 feet in the dash get twisted and cut magically took me forever to figure it out..start there...also make sure the plugs going into the brake light switch are in tight....also happen to me

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

stenny

Reaction score
i am having same issue in my 92 k1500 by the repair manual white wire on brake switch is gor brake light but on my truck purple is the brake wire and someone cut my orange wire