brake lights not working correctly, swapped to new switch, still issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As stated my brake lights are not operating correctly. When I hit the pedal 1/4 ish they come on fine, add more pressure they go out. I figured ok, brake switch under the dash, removed replaced with new and still the same issue.... mmmkk, now im stumped. What else should I look for? I am sas'd with a hp 44 and the abs is still in the truck but no sensors obviously. I'm planning on deleting it but could this be part of my issue?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Circuit boards in the tail lights could be on their way out. Mine did weird crap before they went. I got my new ones at O'Reilly's and haven't had a problem since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Circuit boards in the tail lights could be on their way out. Mine did weird crap before they went. I got my new ones at O'Reilly's and haven't had a problem since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

^i'm with him, i have basically eliminated by boards, so i forgot about them

gotta love LED tails

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I replaced the boards on the tail lights when I did the switch. I checked the switch, it's secure, i'll look into grounds next. Any other ideas?

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing. The ground broke loose where the trailer plug in is located.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Smurfcivic for the tip! those grounds were horrid. Redid them and problem solved. I also removed my ABS system today and am getting a firmer pedal now, however i'm going to remove my 1/4 line running back and replace with 3/16 from the master cylinder back to the axle. Need more pressure now that im running rear discs. Can anyone recommend a good 3/16 adj proportioning valve? Gonna need it for the rear brakes to prevent premature lockup.