Brake concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Few different concerns.

1. Rear brakes locking up before fronts.
2. At slow speed, coming to a stop, the truck jerks to a stop with any moderate brake pressure.. have to pretend theres an egg between my foot and BRAKE pedal to get it to stop and not look like an idiot.
3. Play in front rotors. I can turn them left/right (like trying to spin the tire) and they click between the wheel studs. Is this normal..?
4. Calipers have slight play in them aswell, able to pull them away from the rotor a bit.. would think these should be SOLID.
5. Drums slide right off. I thought these were supposed to be tough to get off? Rear brake pads.. shoes? Seem thin, I'm sure I should replace the entire rear brake system.

Last winter replaced rotors and pads in front. Rear brakes were adjusted at a shop. Problem comes and goes..

Just looking for input, anyone with brake experience. Ive never had to do drum brakes before.
Is there a kit on rockauto to replace it all? 14b semifloater, 6 lug