Bought some new interior today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Those Suburban rear door speakers are for the optional 6 speaker system - the one that has an auxiliary amp under the seat. Other 4 speakers are the regular ones in the dash and far rear of the headliner by the cargo doors. I scored a set from the boneyard and used them to put rear door speakers in my old '94 Burb, with some very simple work, standard 6.5's will fit in place of the factory 5.5's. Nice find.

By the way if you've looked, that's about the only good way to mount rear door speakers in these 4 door trucks; if you try putting them directly in the door on the standard panel the only place you can cut into the door skin would position the speaker aiming right at the side of the seat's bottom cushion = sucko!

Richard

Good info.gonna do some junkyard shopping this week going.to have to keep my eyes open

Adam

Alex33

Reaction score
Nice score. I pulled a set of fronts/rears out of a 96 'burban for my '94 cclb and the front seats/console bolted in no problem. I'm facing the same dilemma as you for the rears. However, I did get some door panels out of a '93 suburban and they popped in with no problem, even have the same speakers as you. I can post some pics of the panels/fronts installed if you would like.

Alex33

Reaction score
I wanted to add pics to this as well. The only difference is I went from leather panels to cloth, which I prefer anyway:

Old door panels (cut up for stereo speakers by previous owner)
You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban door panels
You must be registered for see images attach

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice, I'm going to look at Tahoe floorpans the next time I'm at the junkyard.

As you are probably aware, it is more than a simple cut/weld to make it fit the massive hump in the rear center.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Alex33

Reaction score
I saw this thread a while ago: crew cab flat folding rear seats and I'm willing to give it a shot. I just need to spend a few hours tinkering with placement. My thought is rather than trying to cut/weld a bracket to make it shorter, add a spacer to match the hump.

-Alex