Bosch injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greggor55

Reaction score
These are the guys I ordered from. These would be the Gen II bosch replacement that flows just a bit more than stock. They are close enough to not need a tune. https://www.southbayfuelinjectors.c...h-camaro-firebird-5-0-tpi-fuel-injectors.html

These are the, even better, 3rd gen Bosch 4-hole injectors. They are only $10 more than the Gen II. https://www.southbayfuelinjectors.c...maro-firebird-5-0-305-tpi-fuel-injectors.html

The factory injectors are ~19lb/hr. I went with the Gen III Bosch 30lb/hr for my L29, but I'm running a bigger cam, headers, and CNP ignition on mine.
would the gen 3 5.0 injectors need tuning?

weaponoffreedom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going through the same thing BigBlockBill was talking about. How did these injectors turn out? Have any long term issues?
I have have these in my 99 Suburban 2500 for maybe 6 years now, still going strong. I just bought a new to me motorhome, and it has the dreaded "forvever crank when hot" thing, but starts up like a charm otherwise. So, I know what to do.

Change injectors to the bosch style, and change the fuel pressure regulator with a new one. Fixed the issue for my Suburban years ago, and is a known issue.......hope this helps.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
So the consensus is the Southbay Bosch D3 injectors with the spacers is the way to go?

But they are tested at a different pressure? Will they work with an un-tunable 97 black box? Maybe just run a little rich for a tank or two until the LTFT catches up?

About to order these, I just want to make sure these are still the best option available?

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
About to order these, I just want to make sure these are still the best option available?

Visiting that link might be worth your time. I like the Bosch D3's I have in my truck right now. I highly recommend Southbay, great service and flow matched injectors, I get all my sets through them.