Bogs at wot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Pulled the throttle body today. Cleaner than I thought it would be. Found some buildup in the Pcv port no major restriction. However I did find that the gasket on the bottom of the Tb was damaged the channel were the Iac is located weasel deformed and torn so there may have been a vacuum. Leak there if I recall my map sensor was only reading 8.8hg I know on my other car it idles at about 20 hg. So tomorrow I reinstall and Tuesday I get a new Tv cable end.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would for sure do the fuel filter. does the exhaust sound normal, I mean if the cats blocked up they sound more muffled when you rev it up. maybe tps?

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Truck is catless and tps is within spec and cycles smooth.if nothing changes after Tb install I'm pulling the filter

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Pulled the distributor cap.looks like the rotor has been hitting the cap.I found shavings and plastic everywhere. Come to think about the last cap and rotor I saw the same thing. No moisture or corrosion though so that's good

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can you move the rotor side to side? sounds like the shaft bushings are shot.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Nope no side to side. That's what I thought intially
You must be registered for see images

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
All that powder is from the cap and rotor
You must be registered for see images

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Could a vacuum leak cause a bog at wot? I did find the throttle body gasket was deformed/melted in the iac channel. Could have been leaking throuth the base gasket. Also my map sensor was reading 8.8 Hg should it be more towards 19hg I know my other car should be there. Im assuming all cars should have the same amount of vacuum

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Well wish me luck gentlemen after dinner and putting the little man to bed I will be test driving. I startedit up and it seems to idle better but that could just be me.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Sorry to jack the thread, but is the rotor under the cap supposed to be unmoveable? Mine moves from side to side a little, and ive been chasing a misfire since last year.