Body lift, tires rub BAD!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doublestack00

Reaction score
Got my body lift installed today and the tires (285/75/16) rub pretty damn bad on the front. I am running a 16X8 wheel (came on truck) and a 1.5 spacers. The tires do not stick out to far. I tried with out the spacers and they still rub. I cranked the torsion bars 4 turns and it's still bad. So I am going to have to cut the bumper, anyone done this? What did you use? Got pics?

You must be registered for see images attach

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
I bet you could adjust the bumper forward a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doublestack00

Reaction score
I might try pulling the bumper forward and crank the bars a bit and see where it sits. Right now I have the bumper flush with the grill like stock.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Hmm you should be able to swing 35s on a 3 in. Body lift and is it the piece that connects the fender to the bumper?

ex gmt400 owner
I had to trim with a 3 inch body lift and 2 inch block and crank. I don't see fitting 35s with just a body lift and no cutting.

Doublestack00

Reaction score
I had to trim with a 3 inch body lift and 2 inch block and crank. I don't see fitting 35s with just a body lift and no cutting.

With 35's I would expect all the, these are technically a 33.5X11.2 so A tiny bit taller but over an inch more narrow than a standard 33X12.50.