blue bus solid axle adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
WFO sells a shackle flip that will help with the ride when you lift it. Then you would need 3" springs up front and it should sit pretty level. That is if you use a 2-3" shackle and spring perch. The progress is looking good. I vote the 8 lug route. I have the same 78 f-250 HP44

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
going to get the knuckles for the axle ive got but if i find a ford dana 44 here local ill change direction. so far cant find one to save my life or one guy wants 700 bucks

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
none around me. all 2wd old fords

got a set of dana 44 flat tops on the way.

side not pulled my trans pan and so much metal shavings and like mud in it. no wonder it took a crap

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Mud is a killer to the trany. A magnet would help to capture all the metal shavings. Once I got my new trany I spent the money on a mag hytec so now I have a magnetic drain plug I can keep an eye on in. I highly recommend it

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes it was haha ive sunk it one too many times. may get a nice pan for it but im going to upgrade the cooler and put a trans temp gauge in it at some point too. whats the best way to clean the surface rust off all of my parts? need to start cleaning parts and painting them. almost got my t case out today as well got driveshafts out and startd to remove the bolts on t case. should be able to get it out tomorrow during my lunch at work. hope the knuckles come next week so i can order ball joints and replace and install them, well the drivers side will need to get passenger side machined

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
For surface rust I have always had good luck with a flapper wheel or a diluted bottle of muriatic acid and water. But that stuff is nasty so you have to know what your doing. Then prime it and paint it

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
need to get a flapper wheel then or a wire wheel. got th t case out today fluid that came out was pretty nasty looking. have pics of that but ill upload em later. waiting on my flat tops to come so i can get it machined then press in the ball joints.

axle didnt come with tie rod so im still trying to figure out whats best and not all that expensive. was thinking a piece of dom and get weld in inserts and use basic tie rod ends to make getting partts easy. the only concern i had is that since the tie rod will be on top side of knuckle is leaf spring clearance issues. i know the dana 44s came with ends that bent down to avoid this may try and find those i just want to be able to use the stock steering stabilizer mount in tie rod as well or i guess i could use one of those clamp on kits around the tie rod, not sure yet

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
WFO has all the tie rod stuff online. You need a high steer kit to go above the springs other wis a cross over will have the tie rod under the springs. I have a 44 with the stock tie rod