blue bus solid axle adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i wanr 37s but not enough money or the gears right now haha. i found some good enough tirs to last me till can afford new ones. going to use the money from selling my 35s to buy some for the 17s and whats left over getthe little parts i need. using tax money to finish the exhust and get gears probably. any reccomendations on brands?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
summit, they have gears and install kits cheap.

or even rock auto.

also looking forward to more pics as always. I got my axle the other day to do my sas, going to do what you started a gm corp 10 bolt.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Usually you can find sets of gears around $500. I got my 60 gears from WFO. Trevor sent me the g2 gears because he said they were the cheapest he could get. I paid a little over $200 shipped

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i wanr 37s but not enough money or the gears right now haha. i found some good enough tirs to last me till can afford new ones. going to use the money from selling my 35s to buy some for the 17s and whats left over getthe little parts i need. using tax money to finish the exhust and get gears probably. any reccomendations on brands?

most gears are okay, just not motive, stay away from those

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
trying to figure out the front d shaft. ive got the flange and shaft from a k5 and im pretty sure the ford has smaller cap size being 1 1/16" caps and the chevy is 1 1/8". is there a conversion u joint out there or do i have to buy a new yoke? dont really want to mess up the gear set up untill i get the gears for it. also anyone have the pn for the u joint straps for the 14 b 9.5"? i need to get some and the bolts for mine, i allready got the conversion u jiont for it.

also trying to decide on some tires around 1200 give or take a little. either thinking the cooper stts or the toyo mud terrains but cant decide because the price is so close

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only place to get ujoint straps for your 14sf is GM. Parts houses will sell you a ujoint strap "kit", but they will NOT fit correctly. It's either GM or the junk yard for an original set, I hoard GM 1350 straps like they are money. The GM dealership strap p/n: 3920486, and the bolts p/n: 458300 or 14018700.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you sure your Blazer shaft has larger ujoint caps? From what I can deduce, the K5 Blazer shaft should be a 1310 joint at the pinion. Your D44 had two options, a 1310 and 1330. The only difference between the two is the yoke lockup, they share the cap diameter of 1.063". The 1310 is 3.219" and the 1330 is 3.622" (that's the outside to outside distance of the caps). The 1330/1310 conversion joint is Neapco p/n: 1-0134.

Last edited:

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i may be wrong daniel i will have to measure tomorrow again. i got the bolts today for the yoke and picking the straps up tomorrow. may go fishing if i dont im going to go to work and put the u joint in the rear d shaft and install it.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got it driving today! real bouncy without shocks and it wanders randomly thinking may be because toe isnt set. ordering cat now and should have it at exhaust shop in a week or so. after that its off to my buddy antons to do the font shock mounts then ill measure and buy some
You must be registered for see images attach