Blower motor recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Last year I replaced my falling blower motor with a 4Seasons brand. Very little air flow. So, going to swap it out again. Any recommendations on brand and where to order it from? Thanks.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen, they’re all going to put out similar (lousy) airflow when compared to newer generations. I had an off-brand in mine and swapped with a Delco version when it failed. There was no difference in output.

If you haven’t already, clean out the evaporator core to the left of the blower. It can get clogged up and restrict airflow, so you may see some improvement there. Vacuum out what you can, hose out the rest and use a foaming self-rinsing coil cleaner.

Shut off the passenger vents to get a little more air out of the driver side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
From what I’ve seen, they’re all going to put out similar (lousy) airflow when compared to newer generations. I had an off-brand in mine and swapped with a Delco version when it failed. There was no difference in output.

If you haven’t already, clean out the evaporator core to the left of the blower. It can get clogged up and restrict airflow, so you may see some improvement there. Vacuum out what you can, hose out the rest and use a foaming self-rinsing coil cleaner.

Shut off the passenger vents to get a little more air out of the driver side.

Thanks for the advice. I did clean out with a vac, but did not use coil cleaner. I'll do that next. Some recent reviews of the fan I now own complain of lower airflow than original, and mine too has lower airflow than original, which wasn't that great to begin with. I think I'll just use a brand I used on my wife's vehicle, different model fan but am pleased with it, so maybe it'll be better.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Just sharing this for anyone for the future. I had a Siemens one years ago on my '96. Much louder motor (not airflow noise) than stock, not really any better flow, burned up my high speed relay a couple times, zapped a few blower motor resistors, kept melting wires off the motor and the back of the HVAC controls. Would only draw 11 amps on high speed, so I'm assuming startup current must've been something unusual. Grounds were in good shape under the dash.

Still traumatized by it! Even in my other cars, I'm still a little afraid to use anything much over low/medium low. It was a very dangerous winter and an uncomfortable summer with all the failures.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you find one that worked better than the original?

Reaction score
Did you find one that worked better than the original?

Not really. Though now everything is cooling much better. Cleaned out the airbox with some condensor cleaner and water hose, topped off my r134a (was a little low) and now I have AC that is colder and even though the blower still isn't as strong as in our other vehicle, it is much stronger than it was.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How well does it cool above 90-degrees outside? That seems to be the magic cutoff on mine (Mississippi).

Last edited:
Reaction score
How well does it cool above 90-degrees outside? That seems to be the magic cutoff on mine (Mississippi).

I'm in Georgia. It was about 95F the other day when I was adding r134a to it, got it down to 51F at the vents @ 1500 RPM. Might need a little more refrigerant though.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I hear you my 93 is doing the same thing but years ago I put in cans of stop leak I had a freon leak well when I went to fix the leak with a new compressor and dryer the orifice tube was caked with like tar crap it was from the stop leak so I flush out the lines before I put on my new parts BUT I think the orifice tube is dirty again restricting my AC from cooling as it should and yes I know it can happen I researched it real good well I hope this might help someone oh the tube is behind the grill some guys have removed it by just removing the passenger headlight and signal light on my truck my grill has to come off.