Blazer seats in a 89 gmc k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silentkillzr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 89 gmc k1500 and im getting a couple blazer seats for free, how well do they fit? Blazer is a 1998 my truck is a 1989 single cab k1500

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Those are pretty small seats for a full size truck.
Easiest way would be to use your upright brackets off your bench, for the outer sides of the S- seats & then you'd have to find a set of inner uprights from a set of fullsize buckets. Once you have those, the buckets should bolt to 'em, with little or no modification.
Then you have to drill the holes in the floor for the inner brackets. Weld plates or use LARGE washers on the bottom side of the floor pan where the new bolts are.
I think that you'd be better off with proper buckets, or a 60/40, from a fullsize. I don't think that the s- seats would look 'right'. Same amount of work to install. But, that's me. The right seats are not that hard to find, & the fitment would probably create a lot less headaches.
I've seen pretty nice seats, non-electric, in cloth, for these trucks at the wreckers for around $100.00. Or less. Add $50.00 to $75.00 for the consoles.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
HOLY SH*T! I was just thinking this yesterday morning!!!! My mother in law rolled her '96 S-blazer and is scraping it. I have a 60/40 split now and wanted to pull her seats. After measuring and measuring again, not going to do it. Wierd that someone else is thinking the same thing and the same time :)

Silentkillzr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not realize how small the seats are, ill test fit, but im pretty sure i want a 60/40 or a bucket/console setup