Black soot, running rich

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Just an update, I replaced the sensor and am not seeing the spots on the pavement so I'm thinking that might have been the issue. It still has that lugging feeling when coasting around 40, but I really think that is the result of damaged catalytic converters because that exact symptom instantly went away when I replaced them the last time.

They're probably messed up again since I didn't fix the root cause the first time around. Lesson learned on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear the you found the issue, was just about to post that it sounds a lot like an O2 sensor. My truck had the same issue. Sucks to hear about the cats though. I know how expensive they are, just had to replace mine a couple months ago due to a failed B2 S2 O2 sensor.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, the new ones made it a little over a year. It cost about $400 to have them replaced the first time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk