Big Block oil cooler adapter gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
My search didn't pull up anything. How much different is it on the gen V vs the SB in the write up?

Moved from Louisiana to northern New Mexico. I think the cold front did the gasket in. At least that my only conclusion. Oil was fine(only fluid I haven't leaked yet. Cold came in and it has a very nice steady drip.

Thanks for your replies.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm not sure, as I have a Gen VI. I think the Gen V is the same. I have a 4wd, which gets the angled adapter, but lacks the oil cooler lines of the small block. My oil cooler plumbed right into the block. The only thing I needed to replace was a large orange o-ring that I purchased from the dealer.

The tricky thing about my adapter is the the bolts are underneath plugs, that are 5/16" square. There are "drain plug" sockets that will fit, but they not commonly found around town. HF has a whole set, but I only found that out after the fact, and I didn't want to buy a whole set, for one size. A piece of key stock was suggested to me, although, I ended up using something else I had.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Mine is also 4wd. And that seems to sound like what I am looking at. Glad I asked. I figured those were 3/8 bolt heads. I was thinking like a belt tensioner. GM has done some odd things. Would have gotten under there and had lots of fun.