Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Sealed Power

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • ACDelco

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
alpinecrick said:
A guy would think that a roller timing chain would be quieter than the stock non-roller.

Try a timing gear set sometime, gets old after a while listening to it!

GMTNZ

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I already have the cam and followers and need to replace the inlet gaskets as well so thought I’d put it in. Not looking to spend a lot on this motor. Will go crate engine with roller cam in the future and maybe a different injection system!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Roller cams are more expensive. Also you need to buy the lifter hold-down, dogbones, and new pushrods.

Dogbones and spider can be had used on the cheap if you want to go roller. Also depends on what kind of roller cam you're looking at. Used roller cams are A OK unlike flat tappet. I think I got my marine cam, new takeout, for like $120 on Fleabay. If a stock LT1 cam is up your alley those are less than $50. LT1 and Vortec truck motors used the same stock pusrods, so it really depends on what kind of cam you're after which is probably on page 1 if I were to scroll back one. . .