Best riding shocks ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
After years of Blisteins and others......
My vote is for Gabriel Max Controls. Keep in mind my truck spends 98% of its time on the road....hands down the best riding shock I've come across in the 39 years I've owned GM trucks.

made in USA

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It may come as a shock (!), but the best riding shocks tend to be the ones with the tightest valving as they control the movement the best. I had some Gabriels on my C1500 and loved them. The commercially available shocks for these trucks are undervalved, so the more aggressive the better. Unless you're willing to pony up for Fox/King stuff. Then you can start listening to the folks marketing them, the rest are completely full of ****.

randomguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just installed new 4600 shocks on the front. $50 each from amazon warehouse deals. So far I like them over speed bumps and the like. The front Monroe’s were totally blown. The rears seem to do okay for now.