best or most popular Front IFS locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gamikatsu

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warner Robins GA (South of Atlanta 1.5 Hr)
ok, well i'm used to having a locked Solid AXLE in my 83 blazer, and now with my OPEN IFS axle in my 91 k... i can't drive through half of hte stuff i used to... with a bigger and badder truck with 35x1250 mud terrains... got stuck in something my blazer drove through MANY times with 33x1250 all terrains.... but my blazer had a G80 Govbomb in rear (i'm actually quite fond of them) and a lockrite up front. my question is, what is the most popular IFS locker for GMT400's? with the way the 4x4 actuator works, would a mini spool or full spool effect driving, steering, gas MPG, etc? with the 4x4 actuator disengaged that is.

Thanks for your help.... i'm so much more familiar with the 70's and 80's stuff.... but my 91 was a deal i couldn't pass up.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there is no option to lock the front on the half ton 8.25 ifs diff

the diff case is to weak to have any kinda traction aid up there...it would just split the case when a load put on it

so your options are to either live with it or put a solid axle under the front basically