Best fuel injection intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I put a simple Edelbrock Performer EPS and TBI adapter similar to this;

I want to stay away from TBI, as stated. Never had good luck with the systems and I feel like power is left on the table. I'm running out of options though

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks expensive, and too tall for my engine bay
Well...yeah. Holley made ONE of those, and raffled it off to some lucky bum.

Idle -6000. Really aiming for pulling power in the 1500-3000 range

I would absolutely build a crossram intake for it... ...I want to keep it simple and stock-ish looking
Welcome to the L31 Vortec engine. Cross-ram, multi-point injectors. OEM reliability. Stock-looking for '96-newer 5.7L. Power band pretty-much exactly where you want it.

The Treasure Yard will be your friend. Grab the entire engine with the accessory drive and accessories. MAYBE the transmission, and get the computer, and the wire harness. Expect some headaches that are solveable. Use a vehicle similar to yours for the donor--same transmission, same gear ratio, etc.

Or sell your truck, buy a '96-newer L31 truck.

Last edited:

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idle -6000. Really aiming for pulling power in the 1500-3000 range
Usually intakes are geared for either torque production, effeciency, etc., OR higher end hp production. Hard to find one that's good in both ends of the spectrum. Sometimes the best one for the job is the stock piece. Figure out what your main goal is.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Well...yeah. Holley made ONE of those, and raffled it off to some lucky bum.

Welcome to the L31 Vortec engine. Cross-ram, multi-point injectors. OEM reliability. Stock-looking for '96-newer 5.7L. Power band pretty-much exactly where you want it.

The Treasure Yard will be your friend. Grab the entire engine with the accessory drive and accessories. MAYBE the transmission, and get the computer, and the wire harness. Expect some headaches that are solveable. Use a vehicle similar to yours for the donor--same transmission, same gear ratio, etc.

Or sell your truck, buy a '96-newer L31 truck.

My truck is a 98. It has the L31. So selling would be redundant. I'm not looking for advice on a swap. I already have that part down. Essentially I'm just replacing 350 engine guts with 400 guts and a bigger cam. If that makes more sense?

A 400 short block with a 350 top end.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is a 98. It has the L31. So selling would be redundant. I'm not looking for advice on a swap. I already have that part down. Essentially I'm just replacing 350 engine guts with 400 guts and a bigger cam. If that makes more sense?

A 400 short block with a 350 top end.

Then stick with the factory Vortec injection. For the RPM range you are looking to run in, it works great.

0411 swap it and tune it.