Best Aftermarket Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
JL audio - $320 for all 4

C2-650x for the front's $180 for the pair
C2-400x for the rear (use the adapter plates) $140

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rockford Fosgate - $300 for all 4

T1650 for the front $150 for the pair
T1462 for the rear $150 for the pair

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinity Car Audio - $340

Kappa 62.11 for the front 170 for the pair
Kappa 462.11 CFP for the rear 170 for the pair

(infinity has a sale going on at the time of this post where all 4 speakers can be bought for 136/pair. Jump on it as the Kappa serise is excellent SQ speakers.)

Those are my recommendations for speakers, all within a reasonable price range (car audio is expensive) but I would highly recommend getting a sound processor of some sort and running external amps. Your speakers will only sound so good off the headunit. to maximize your speaker's potential aftermarket amps are a must. Both Rockford Fosgate and Alpine provide excellent 4 channel amps for under $250. If you go with any of these combos above you'll be in an excellent position to add subwoofers to your truck without much worries of your mids/highs getting drowned out by bass. I'd recommend a single 10 on 300 watts in a single cab, a 12 or 2 10's on 500 and 600 watts respectively. On a final note, if you do choose to go past adding aftermarket speakers and start toying with amps, do the install correct (no running power wires through doorjambs and fuse all hot connections) and remember to use an o-scope or dd1 to set your gains so you don't clip and damage your nice new audio equipment. if you don't have either a reputable car audio installer can setup everything for you so you have no worries.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
The aftermarket speakers I installed in my car have been through two head units. The best sound came from a old Jenson cassette deck I installed. My rear view mirror would vibrate on stock power of 12 watts RMS per speaker from the bass capability of that radio/cassette deck. I replaced the head unit with a Sony Xplod with CD series and though it has more RMS power it does not go down on the bass sound as the cheap Jenson did.

Now for me when I look for speaker upgrades I do look for inexpensive units but I go for ones that have 2 way or 3 way (preferred) speaker system. Those speakers separate the sound (highs, mids, lows) much better and will give you a better wider sound experience especially compared to the stock speakers these trucks came with.

Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
JL audio - $320 for all 4

C2-650x for the front's $180 for the pair
C2-400x for the rear (use the adapter plates) $140

Rockford Fosgate - $300 for all 4

T1650 for the front $150 for the pair
T1462 for the rear $150 for the pair

Infinity Car Audio - $340

Kappa 62.11 for the front 170 for the pair
Kappa 462.11 CFP for the rear 170 for the pair

(infinity has a sale going on at the time of this post where all 4 speakers can be bought for 136/pair. Jump on it as the Kappa serise is excellent SQ speakers.)

Those are my recommendations for speakers, all within a reasonable price range (car audio is expensive) but I would highly recommend getting a sound processor of some sort and running external amps. Your speakers will only sound so good off the headunit. to maximize your speaker's potential aftermarket amps are a must. Both Rockford Fosgate and Alpine provide excellent 4 channel amps for under $250. If you go with any of these combos above you'll be in an excellent position to add subwoofers to your truck without much worries of your mids/highs getting drowned out by bass. I'd recommend a single 10 on 300 watts in a single cab, a 12 or 2 10's on 500 and 600 watts respectively. On a final note, if you do choose to go past adding aftermarket speakers and start toying with amps, do the install correct (no running power wires through doorjambs and fuse all hot connections) and remember to use an o-scope or dd1 to set your gains so you don't clip and damage your nice new audio equipment. if you don't have either a reputable car audio installer can setup everything for you so you have no worries.

Dont shoot me but Walmart has the Kappas for about Half the price you list.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont shoot me but Walmart has the Kappas for about Half the price you list.
All I did was pull the recommended retail prices off each company's website. I didn't feel like providing links to the lowest price possible. More of a laziness deal tbh.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like cadence. i tend to find staying away from the big name stuff and walmart specials works out. don't let alot of people talk you into JL because alot of JL is just hip hop star hype. Over priced for yeah a good product but you can get stuff that will out perform in most if not all categories for alot less if you dig.

Oh BTW Road Gear FTW. if your old skool you know that!

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I like cadence. i tend to find staying away from the big name stuff and walmart specials works out. don't let alot of people talk you into JL because alot of JL is just hip hop star hype. Over priced for yeah a good product but you can get stuff that will out perform in most if not all categories for alot less if you dig.

Oh BTW Road Gear FTW. if your old skool you know that!

JL audio has real transducer engineers and having seen Klippel analysis reports on some of their speakers, they aren't just 'hype'.

If your intention is to just make noise, anything at all will work for you.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I heard some infinity speakers at Fry's Electronics they sure sounded much better than Kicker and Kenwood speakers.

I bought some MB Quart speakers the other day I'm going to see how they sound I'm thinking good because I have heard some before.

Last edited: