Best 10$ performance mod!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I hate to admit this but I've been driving the Yukon almost 2 years now and put 20,000 miles on it. I noticed this last week that it was starting a little slow. I realized that I'd never put a fuel filter in it. Ten bucks later and it is spunky! My phantom miss is gone and I actually think that I will get worse mileage because it's more fun to drive.

Yeah, do your maintenance...

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Well darn, I was hoping for a new $10 performance mod that I hadn't heard of, mine already has a new filter :p

my name is alex

suckin' gas
Reaction score
Well darn, I was hoping for a new $10 performance mod that I hadn't heard of, mine already has a new filter :p

Yeah, way to get my hopes up too!

That was one of the first things I did to the truck, and didn't notice any difference. I suppose the old filter was fine in mine.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put one on my Burb today for ***** and giggles. Hopefully it benefits as much as your did. Found that my fuel system holds pressure VERY well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Smitty82

Reaction score
Put one on my Burb today for ***** and giggles. Hopefully it benefits as much as your did. Found that my fuel system holds pressure VERY well.

:gr_grin: So did mine!!! Lol

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I should add that the best way that I've found to not have a gasoline bath is to pull the fuel pump fuse and fire it up, try to start it several times and call it good.