Bell tech c-notch install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stepside94

Reaction score
Hey guys need some help installing my notch. I have a few questions before I start,the axle flip has been done already. i have read the instructions just wondering if when doing the notch I would have to remove the bed,the leaf springs or can I do it with them still on the truck? Is there enough room for drilling and cutting? Looking to hear from someone who has done it this way. Thanks Patrick

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You do not have to remove the springs or the bed, I have done this before, but it is much easier to do it you do at least remove the bed.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
X2! The box on = The Busted Knuckle Garage!
Working room is restricted with the box on. Not a fun job working on your back, especially when it comes to drilling those holes.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put my notch in last weekend without removing the bed. It was the easyest part of the job except drilling the holes (not that you can't get to them, its just a pain drilling that big of a hole in steel that thick).
Jack the rear end up, mark were the notch goes. Lower the rear back down to were the frame is on stands
Make a template out of card bord I then drilled two of the top holes
I then used my 4" grinder and cut the notches out.
Then bolt the notch in with the two holes I drilled then drill the rest
Don't forget to notch the bed support or the rearend will hit it on 9 out of 10 bumps

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, I put my jack stands on my spring hangers, then the floor jack in the middle of the bumper and put a little pressure on it to keep every thing straight.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled the bed before I started anything............Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier...............

My 90
You must be registered for see images attach

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drill slow and use some kind of lube or it will burn the bit up, I went through a $16 bit and only drilled two holes before it was toast. Also, its best to drill a pilot hole with 1/4" bitt, it makes it a lot easyer