Bed Rail/Tailgate Covers - Brands/Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crytone

Reaction score
Have a question regarding bed rail covers.

I got a tonneau cover (Bakflip VP) for my 88 RCLB. Works fine but the only issue I can see is the stake hole pockets are exposed. This is just another place for water to enter the bed it seems like.

As such, I was considering getting some bed rail covers without stake holes but wanted some opinions on fit and quality from those that have them. I looked at the metal ones (DeeZee was the brand) but not sure I quite like the look of the diamond plate pattern. Now looking at either Wade or Bushwacker brand plastic ones.

I was considering an over-the-rail liner before but that wouldn't solve the issue without first welding the holes shut, which I would prefer to avoid. I also want something that doesn't extend too far down the side, as my truck has a somewhat unique factory pin striping since it has the Wrangler option package.

Anyone have any experience with these on a GMT400?

Thanks!

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have a question regarding bed rail covers.

I got a tonneau cover (Bakflip VP) for my 88 RCLB. Works fine but the only issue I can see is the stake hole pockets are exposed. This is just another place for water to enter the bed it seems like.

As such, I was considering getting some bed rail covers without stake holes but wanted some opinions on fit and quality from those that have them. I looked at the metal ones (DeeZee was the brand) but not sure I quite like the look of the diamond plate pattern. Now looking at either Wade or Bushwacker brand plastic ones.

I was considering an over-the-rail liner before but that wouldn't solve the issue without first welding the holes shut, which I would prefer to avoid. I also want something that doesn't extend too far down the side, as my truck has a somewhat unique factory pin striping since it has the Wrangler option package.

Anyone have any experience with these on a GMT400?

Thanks!

I don't have much info here, but have you searched for little covers or something for these holes? I know on the newer truck they have these but not sure about ours.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Be careful with which ones you pick. I have the bakflip vp on my truck too and my black diamond plate ones stuck too far into the bed to work. I had to cut them (which I royally f*cked up and no longer have bed rail caps)

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks!

FWIW, I have an over the rail type tonneau cover and haven't noticed a water ingress issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
These were from Ebay, I want to say about $80? I got the textured ones, held on with 3m tape. I'm happy with them.
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
same as above, bushwacker, got the set with the open box holes, they offer both.