Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well the tires in the front when I got it were 235/85/16 the back had 215/85/16 and the size difference was huge.
I got 215/85/16s all the way around now
Huh.. yeah!

225/75/16 - 29.28" tall, 8.86" section width
215/85/16 - 30.38" tall, 8.46" section width
235/85/16 - 31.72" tall, 9.25" section width

Weird how those tires are only about an inch taller than mine but they still look so tall to me. Just the pic I guess. Mine had 235/85/16 when I got it and they were dead rotten and too tall, they had to go. Original size on my truck was 225/75/16 anyway and that seemed like a good route to take.

Richard

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Huh.. yeah!

225/75/16 - 29.28" tall, 8.86" section width
215/85/16 - 30.38" tall, 8.46" section width
235/85/16 - 31.72" tall, 9.25" section width

Weird how those tires are only about an inch taller than mine but they still look so tall to me. Just the pic I guess. Mine had 235/85/16 when I got it and they were dead rotten and too tall, they had to go. Original size on my truck was 225/75/16 anyway and that seemed like a good route to take.

Richard
I was thinking of something that size as well but I would have needed 6. Lol

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since your good at fabricating I suggest a skirted flat bed and leave the cantilever arms exposed and incorporate a goose neck ball on the notch.

Something similar but better…
You must be registered for see images attach
I do not like flatbeds on trucks, butttttttt.........this is a really good idea.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since your good at fabricating I suggest a skirted flat bed and leave the cantilever arms exposed and incorporate a goose neck ball on the notch.

Something similar but better…
Truthfully I have considered something along these lines. After all this is my "shop truck".
We will see what happens. I'm currently working through thoughts for the bed

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here we go..
I think I'm going to try to make some sort of a dolly to move this around so I can work on it. Any thoughts or have you seen something like that?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I currently have my son's Crown Vic sitting on a frame made from four 4' 2x6s, two Harbor Freight pneumatic swivel casters, and two Harbor Freight pneumatic straight casters.

Our race team swapped from our trashed '95 BMW 3 series to a better shell, and we had to remove everything from the old car to swap over to the new shell. We built two frames to roll both shells around. Once we had the car stripped we had to go pick up the new shell from a team member's driveway, go back to the team captain's driveway and wheel the old shell out, then wheel the new shell in place. Finally we loaded the old shell onto the trailer and I brought it home to scrap it. Then I needed to part out my son's car, so I jacked the BMW shell up off the 2x6 frame and rolled the shell under my son's car before removing the front and rear suspension. I'd say the frame is at its max capacity, but it's working. Hopefully in the next week I can roll that car out and send it across the scales.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I currently have my son's Crown Vic sitting on a frame made from four 4' 2x6s, two Harbor Freight pneumatic swivel casters, and two Harbor Freight pneumatic straight casters.

Our race team swapped from our trashed '95 BMW 3 series to a better shell, and we had to remove everything from the old car to swap over to the new shell. We built two frames to roll both shells around. Once we had the car stripped we had to go pick up the new shell from a team member's driveway, go back to the team captain's driveway and wheel the old shell out, then wheel the new shell in place. Finally we loaded the old shell onto the trailer and I brought it home to scrap it. Then I needed to part out my son's car, so I jacked the BMW shell up off the 2x6 frame and rolled the shell under my son's car before removing the front and rear suspension. I'd say the frame is at its max capacity, but it's working. Hopefully in the next week I can roll that car out and send it across the scales.
Sounds like I was about to totally over complicate things, as I do.
Thanks, it sounds like it would be more than enough for my needs.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much to report, spent the weekend trying to track down a leak with no success. The tanks drain slowly once the supply of air is cut off.
I had noticed that the passenger front bag also leaked so I still have to rip the front end apart, I'm hoping that will take care of it.

I have the bed in position and I got both of the flares removed. The damage on the passenger side may be more than I am able to repair.