bad rust damage on bottom of doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Yeah I know about the rust doors ****, I think Im going to find a set of junkyard doors and cut what I need off of them, weld to my doors and do the bed liner under body line, instead of having to take some doors off that open and close like a dream.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just for reference i looked up new oem door shells on gmpartsdirect and its $604 for the right and $487 for the left.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I was in your shoes 2 weeks ago. I replaced both doors. Lucked out and found some with the same color interior, but they were a different color exterior. Doors go for $100 around here.

Really? I figured they'd be more, given that most local doors are probably rusty now. I figured I'd have to go someplace that parts out southern trucks.

jdoggystyle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? I figured they'd be more, given that most local doors are probably rusty now. I figured I'd have to go someplace that parts out southern trucks.

Yeah I know about the rust doors ****, I think Im going to find a set of junkyard doors and cut what I need off of them, weld to my doors and do the bed liner under body line, instead of having to take some doors off that open and close like a dream.
yeah unfortunately i got my truck while i was up in north carolina but it was from ohio. and all the salt and weather up there tore my truck up. but most of the other 98's i see around here are in super condition im gonna go to a salvage yard and see what i can find.

pike_mazter

Reaction score
Brownstown, Michigan

Not to far away from me. Might consider making a trip next summer.

I stopped at a local body shop and they told me to buy new doors. She is really getting cancer bad, this last winter really hit hard. Looking at next summer to work on the rust & paint.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was at a place in town that sells body parts to body shops, fenders-$75, Doors-$200. Id try to find some new parts If I were you and were planning to repaint the truck.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Anyone know if swapping 88-94 mirrors to 95-98 mirrors is direct fit? If I were to buy some doors from 88-94 I definetly don't want them handles or mirrors on there.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score

Check craigslist, thats where I have been shopping a lot. Guys will have whole trucks that they are willing to part or the parts themselves.