Back up lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InsanePyro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What have you guys done for back up lights? I had fog lights bolted upside down on my back bumper for a while but found they were rather clumsy and I tended to hit them on things (don't ask). I don't want to go drilling into my cab or anything so I'm kind of at a loss

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got some fogs bolted to the rear bumper brackets on a toggle switch. They just barley hang below the rear bumper. Works great for me.

Cant think of any other way except maybe having them bolted to a back rack.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Last edited:

InsanePyro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a Suburban so theres no backrack for me

I need a different bumper. Stock doesn't leave much room to play with

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Same concept as mine be used on a stock bumper easily. Just some $2 L brackets from Lowes and voila.

domcan1000

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing something like that too...But I would use something like these
and I would try to put them at the ends of the hitch somehow so that it looks a little more like it flows with the hitch

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Instead of mounted to the underside of the bumper, hang them off the frame a little further in so they're not in harm's way.

LED's have come a long way in brightness, if you spend some bucks. I've got a pair of these on the wrecker, 50 watt/ 4000 lumens. They only draw a little over 4A each. Only $230 a pair currently (when they first came out a year ago I think I paid $259) which is about half what some other brands want for less lumens.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just have some aftermarket tails that are clear at the bottom and I put an LED in there, 3156. Bright as I need.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Years ago, I had one of those license plate mounted backup lights from v-LEDs.com. It was the first-gen model they had, not the more expensive one they are selling now. Judging by the pics alone, it was almost as bright as someotherguy's setup.

It did look like ass though, so I hacked up it with the intention to paint it and mount it between my tailgate and bumper. I ended it just using it as a solar-powered barn light.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Naw...seriously, these bastids light up stuff a whole block away. They're painful (literally) to look at even in high noon daylight.

Richard