Back again ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
Just picked this old girl up , 91 silverado, 350, 4L60, 3.08s . some pics and a video I will link to below.
You must be registered for see images attach

Even had the OG cassette to tell you about all the features of your new chevy still wrapped in cellophane plastic from the factory ..

Last edited:

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
just a tidy up on her, Its got a deep knock just for a sec at startup so Im pretty sure its about to **** a main bearing . so Im making some loose plans to deal with that .

It happens, but a 350 crate is still obtainable.. I have the same issue in my 96, all good things come to a refresh

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
Yeah . I like my own little engine builds, I have trust issues.lmao Im gonna try and keep the truck as well preserved as I can fix the interior stuff and cruise it.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Yeah . I like my own little engine builds, I have trust issues.lmao Im gonna try and keep the truck as well preserved as I can fix the interior stuff and cruise it.

They should run a long time with a bottom end knock if you don’t work them too hard and keep them lubed and cool. Good luck. I’m playing the same game of hour glass chicken, hoping when the crank finally lets loose it doesn’t fire something through the block and take out a fender, or a pedestrian, or my leg/head ….at least we don’t have to worry about it cracking the dash!! :) ;)

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! I dig the color combo. I had a '91 GMC ex cab parts truck in that same combo, but it had red interior. It was 5.7/5 speed/3.08's(!) Come to think of it I also had a '92 Suburban in that same color combo, but with gray interior.

Looks good with the squarebody Rally wheels.

That startup knock *might* just be a broken flexplate, so don't write off the engine just yet.

Richard