b&m electronic shift kit on 4l603

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6789olds

Reaction score
i have this kit on my 1996 z71 and its a nice mod #1 is good for daily driveing 2 kinda bangs a little . but a while back i put in a corvette servo and man what a diff made my shifts quick and soild. now with the kit off it shifts good and even better on #1 . #2is very firm and quick . i liked these mods got both for under 100 bucks

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
b&m shift plus

how do u remove one of these shift controllers? cause i have one in my 95 k1500 and i'm pretty much its just messing with my shift points cause of a custom tune...which i dont know if this is the true problem but its worth at try. but its shifting like i have a bad o2 sensor or something. or the tranny isnt shifting based on the throttle position and just always shift like its at full throttle. also my speed sensor may be off

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well it will rev up to like 3000-4000rpm before it decides to shift no matter how much gas i give it. actually it wont shift at all if i open the throttle all the way it just gets up there and hits the rev limiter and sounds like its gonna blow up and had a rebuilt tranny 8k miles ago so the tranny is fine. but the hard shift anoy the hell out of me when city driving

scaavrf

Reaction score
so i had both the b&m mechanical shift improver kit and the b&m shiftplus electronical improver in my 98 chevy and my first to second shift got progressively harder after a couple of months. my shift had gotten so hard that the whole dash in my car would jar up and down literally and it was a major discomfort to drive in. i then took it to over to have the truck dyno tuned by powertrain dynamics in huntington beach and he took it for a test drive before hand and told me that i need to take the electronical one out immediately before i just ruined my tranny. i then also went over to california transmissions and took them for a test drive and they said that those two kits put on top of a rebuilt transmission with 165k miles was by far not the best idea. they were surprised that my bands and the neck collar on the shell hadnt broke or been stripped yet. thats just my 2cents :)

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so could i just cut the wire in front of the little box on the line and would that fix this problem? or would i actually need to take it out of the pcm?