AZTEK NEEDLES!!! YESSSSSS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I'm going to jump on this tomorrow. I've been wanting Aztek needles for the longest time, but I've never seen them in any part-out yards or being parted out on CL. I know I need another set to complete my cluster, but this gets me close.

So excited! I'll probably to the LED lights at the same time. About time I did another mod to this pile.

http://modesto.craigslist.org/pts/3692015297.html

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
That's bad ass! I'll have to keep my eye out for a part out

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
And those just swap right onto our gauge motors? Just pop right in? If so, I am so finding me an Aztek. Idc if they still need the needles, I will leave mine in the seat and run!

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And those just swap right onto our gauge motors? Just pop right in? If so, I am so finding me an Aztek. Idc if they still need the needles, I will leave mine in the seat and run!

LMFAO!!!! Does it matter the year AZTEK??

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I believe that the Aztec needles were all the same.
They do need to be modded slightly. The female part of the needle that fits onto the pin has to shortened. Use the originals as a template.
When I changed the needles in my blue '97, I made sure that the truck was up to temp, pulled the cluster, removed the clear plastic shield, then reinstalled the cluster. Took a quick pic to have a guide, then re & re'd the needles one at a time. The small ones were easy. The tach needle I set with a diagnostic tach when the engine was held at 2000 rpm. Lower rpm's made the settings too hard to match on the gauge.
The speedo I set with an iphone GPS. ('HUD AWESOME' -free app) That was the hardest part, as that truck has no cruise control, which would of made this so much easier!
Took the truck up to 60 mph, & stuck the needle on while driving. This took a couple of tries to get right. Trying to hold the truck exactly at 60 mph, while watching what I was doing with the needle. Getting the needle onto the pin & right on the speed was a bit of a PITA! (Do this when there is NO traffic around!) Then I took the cluster out of the truck & re-installed the plastic shield.