Auxiliary fuse block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK, so I've been working on this for a few weeks and would like some more input.

I want to add an auxiliary fuse block for the LED light bars, fog lights and the HD headlight harness. This is what I've come up with so far.
You must be registered for see images attach

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good. I would just use fuses between the batt and pin 30 on your relays and remove the fuses coming off from your 87&87a.

The 15amp fuses to your 86 pins can be brought down to a 5amp fuse because the control Circuit of the relay draws very little amperage.

And for the bottom mount light bar you could add a switch into your control circuit for pin 86 if you wanted to have the option of the lightbar coming on with the high beams or if you flip the switch only high beams will come on and and not the lightbar. (this is how we wire our fleet vehicles with light bars/light force lights)

It's all Preference tho. Good diagram BTW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good. I would just use fuses between the batt and pin 30 on your relays and remove the fuses coming off from your 87&87a.

The 15amp fuses to your 86 pins can be brought down to a 5amp fuse because the control Circuit of the relay draws very little amperage.

And for the bottom mount light bar you could add a switch into your control circuit for pin 86 if you wanted to have the option of the lightbar coming on with the high beams or if you flip the switch only high beams will come on and and not the lightbar. (this is how we wire our fleet vehicles with light bars/light force lights)

It's all Preference tho. Good diagram BTW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input
I ran across some issues with the HD harness for my HIDs so I have to rethink how I'm going to do it
I'll put the new diagram up when I get it finished

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so here are my revisions

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just another idea. This is pretty much how we up-fit our police vehicles/other fleet vehicles.

LED or low amperage draw things get power directly from the fuse block>through a switch>and to the component whereas higher amp draw components will use relays as shown below.

Now on you HID harness it already comes with a relay built into it right? and it has a fused wire that connects to the battery and 2 inputs from youe high and low beam wires.

Last edited:

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just another idea. This is pretty much how we up-fit our police vehicles/other fleet vehicles.

LED or low amperage draw things get power directly from the fuse block>through a switch>and to the component whereas higher amp draw components will use relays as shown below.

Now on you HID harness it already comes with a relay built into it right? and it has a fused wire that connects to the battery and 2 inputs from youe high and low beam wires.
This is my hid harness