Are there any Loss of Functions with the 0411 Swap on L31?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got a line on a 2000 CCSB with a 5.7 L31 engine and likely one of the first things I would like to do is swap the black box for a 0411 ECU. I have had HP tuners for a long time and have done several LS swaps on personal vehicles. I understand all of the wiring side of the swap and all of the benefits from running the later model ECU. But what I haven't been able to find in the discussions are any drawbacks or loss of functionalities with the trucks?

I saw that the Escalade DIC is a common swap which I think would be pretty cool, but is that something that would be lost with the 0411 swap? Or are there other things that I'm not even aware of that could potentially be lost. This truck will be my DD and I don't want to lose anything that I'd be using on the daily.

Also, with the VIN Swap am I not able to put my truck's VIN into the newer ECU with my HP Tuners program? I'm afraid to try as I've heard that some people have tried to change the VIN and ended up having to re-purchase credits to unlock it again as the program no longer recognizes the new VIN?

I've done my fair share of basic tuning, but the VIN changes is something new for me.

Thanks,
Ryan

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good questions, I'm plotting the 0411 swap as well and this would be some good additional information to have. I'll be watching this thread.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Can't put a 400 VIN into a 411, wrong platform and the PCM knows this. This may cause emissions issues for you. You also lose instant mpg readout on the DIC, but average still works. It'll be a little off though because the MAF tables are different in the 411 vs blackbox.

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No first hand experience, but I was reading that with HP tuners you had to keep a correct OS VIN number, but people with EFI Live could swap to any VIN they want.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot about 4lo. It takes some trickery to get it to work, but it's all in the tune. Somewhere.