Anyone running 22s???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone is running 22s with a 4/6 or 5/7 drop. If you are please post what widths, backspacing, and tire sizes you are using. I'm getting ready to redo my truck and I don't want to order the wrong size stuff and it not fit right. Really looking for the fit to be like this truck...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-F3eGRXiBI...If I can't figure this out I'm just going to go 4/6 on 20x8.5 up front and 20x10 out back. Thanks in advance!

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
5 inchs I think is to low in the front for 22s, I had mine set at 5 inch and almost bent the fenders when turning. I got 22x9.5 with 265/35/22 not sure of the backspacing.

this is 5/8 with 22s, I picked it up an inch in the front after this picture. you could probably get lower in the front if you have alot of backspacing and no inner fenders in the front but idk if youd be able to turn lock to lock
You must be registered for see images attach

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are all four of your wheels 22x9.5's with 265/35/22's? And would the back tires hit the fenders if you were to hit a bad pothole or would they tuck inside the fenders? When you raised the front back up did it level out the truck, it looks like it has a very slight rake to it in that picture. Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna get everything figured out! Thanks for replying!

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
I'm running 22's but I'm a little lower then 5". Lol.

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol yeah I actually have read your whole build thread! Got bored in class one day and didn't have anything better to do! Clean truck and workmanship for sure man!

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are all four of your wheels 22x9.5's with 265/35/22's? And would the back tires hit the fenders if you were to hit a bad pothole or would they tuck inside the fenders? When you raised the front back up did it level out the truck, it looks like it has a very slight rake to it in that picture. Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna get everything figured out! Thanks for replying!

There 22x9.5 and 265/35/22 all the way around. I raised the front back up with djm 2" drop coils (I wanna say I cut a whole coil off wore out factory springs to get the 5") and it actually sits lower in the back now and still hasn't settled and its been almost 2 yrs. The back I didn't trim the fender lip at all, and the tire doesn't touch. The tire sits up in the rear quarter about a half an inch. I don't like the djm springs they are to stiff. If I didn't have everything to bag the copper one I would change them out for cut stock springs and just play around with cutting a little off at a time.

My black one I cut 3/4 of a coil off and drop spindles and it sits nicer then the copper one I think, and its also has 265/35/22. I don't have a good picture of the how that one sits yet though.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im at a 5/8 drop. Tubbed inner front fenders and 22x9, 15mm offset and 5.58 bs with 265/35/22 and rear 22x11,18mm offset and 6.71 bs with 295/30/22 tires. Trimmed fender lips but i have caught my front lip once or twice on really sharp turns. Ugly sound:(

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im at a 5/8 drop. Tubbed inner front fenders and 22x9, 15mm offset and 5.58 bs with 265/35/22 and rear 22x11,18mm offset and 6.71 bs with 295/30/22 tires. Trimmed fender lips but i have caught my front lip once or twice on really sharp turns. Ugly sound:(

Thanks for the response man, your truck looks very good! I think I'm going to do the 20s with a 5/7 drop!