Anyone make there own air intake on vortec motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking at replacing the air intake boot on top of the throttle body. I want to use a silicone 90 and straight aluminum pipe from the accordion looking piece at the MAF sensor. Anything wrong with going this route by switching out the piece that says vortec? Just for a cleaner look and maybe better flow.

Has anyone done this? Can some one tell me the size of the throttle body where the boot goes over?

Basically I broke the the clips off the hard plastic piece that goes over the throttle body and need to get it fixed reasonably.

Thanks

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Junkyard for sure has one
I would keep that piece n then use all the other things to make the intake Im not too sure if the hood would close if u put a big silicone elbow at the throttle body. Maybe wrap the rest of the intake piping with header wrap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Go go go!!

You must be registered for see images

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
take the silencer box off that says vortec on it and go to a plumbing supply store or home depot lowes,and get a rubber pipe cap that fits the snout on the throttle body hat. the cap goes on and has a hose clamp to secure it.then pipe off to your maf sensor and cold air filter

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has there been any test of performance when doing that? Lol

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm keeping the stock air box. Nothing wrong with that. I just hate the clip hold down style that's on the hard plastic at the throttle body connection.

Thanks for the link. I'm seriously considering it. Just wanted to know my options first

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
take the silencer box off that says vortec on it and go to a plumbing supply store or home depot lowes,and get a rubber pipe cap that fits the snout on the throttle body hat. the cap goes on and has a hose clamp to secure it.then pipe off to your maf sensor and cold air filter
I use a cut in half pop can myself. Works great!

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol it just makes it louder and u get panties thrown at you haha