Anyone Install Cutout Fender FLares?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TTZ06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im looking to replace my broken flares with some 5" bushwhacker cutout flares. How much of the body will have to be removed for these? Any issues regarding that? IE: Needing to weld up fenders after they are cut?

Thanks

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
These ones?

You must be registered for see images attach

My buddy put this set on his truck and extremely regrets it. His tires are 15 inches wide and barely fill out the flares. The cutting is just cutting from what he told me and he didn't have to weld any gaps or anything but he also did it on a truck and not something where the wheel wells are in the passenger compartment. But there still shouldn't be issues with that.

TTZ06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was his regret that they didnt cover the tires or something else entirely? Thanks for the pic.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I like how the flares look. What's with the rear bumper though?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
His regret is a hacked up body and the need for ridiculous backspacing and stupid wide tires to fill them out.
This is before the flares, he has 20x12's with 36x15.5x20s. So that gives you an idea of how sucked in your tires will look.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I like how the flares look. What's with the rear bumper though?

His truck has gone through about 6 different setups since I have known him and that is only 2.5 years.
The rollpan (and shaved tailgate that isn't on there) is from when he wanted a lowered 4x4.

TTZ06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmmm Might re thinks the 5 inches now...LOL Just replace with the existing size ones

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
That is what I would do. They really do just make these trucks look like oversized hot wheels toys.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
don't see to many gmt400s with them but i do have this pic. personally I'd go with the factory style flares, or the ones that look like they are bolted on.