Anybody here get thier waterpump rebuilt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought a genuine ACDELCO pump brand new in the box for my Tahoe for like $46 on Amazon. I've managed to score several brand new Delco parts on there cheap here lately.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
As noted though a lot of new OEM stuff is of Chinese origin. Whether or not that matters to you is another issue.

I personally have had failures with a new, not rebuilt, NAPA store brand water pump - replaced with another and it was bad out of the box, bad bearing. Replaced with a carquest store brand new pump which worked but had the pulley riding a few mm off which let paint from the pulley, which was soft from brake kleen, get into the belt ribs and contaminate it.

It was not a good day in my driveway...

Richard

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Well the way I look at that is our standard of living is also that much more expensive... I mean I feel the hit my wallet takes too and that's not to say I don't deal with American made part failures too. But then I chalk it up to the fact I don't always put down 100% quality on the job. "Mr. Blues is going to **** up, and when he does, he better pray the police get to him before we do.."

The problem with foreign owned companies is the profits go back to their homeland. You can take Toyota & Honda and all that for example.. In short, they build here because it's cheaper than importing. They get to tout about an American made product but don't tell the whole story. The fact that everything is overseen by Japanese big shots, from products used in production to how the lines are run. Everything is calculated, it's no surprise they build plants where they build them, they want dirt cheap land and available labor.. All engineering is done in Japan.. They refuse to buy American products whenever they can. How would I know that? I work for a company which supplies metal pretreatment. Honda and Toyota for example run Nihon-Parkerizing products in Japan, but NP doesn't have facilities in the US and shipping would be a nightmare expense. So what do they do? License their formula to company like us and we "domesticate it" for their American Plants. Talk about a parasite. And that's not to say American cars are doing all that great either. To stay competitive with the parasite they've had to relocate plants, outsource and do all that wonderful crap too. Not to mention when executives find ways to save dollars that gets implemented too. Yet there's still (for now) more ripple effect when you invest a dollar with GM or Ford. I know not about Chrysler, I haven't paid attention to them since 1994. Ok well I do notice Challengers and such... But I have a hard time with them. They're like pin-up models just waiting to be plundered yet are infected with herpes and other undesirables haha