any one with a good kill story on the street or at the track.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like to pick on the new ecoboost fords...fellas buy these trucks and feel a little boost and start thinking theyre John Force....those trucks are supposed to pull at some point, but I aint never been around when it happened....old chivalay pick up just runs away and hides...lol

I've only ever done oil changes on those trucks, none ever came in while I was an actual mechanic at the ford garage, but I could tell they were a . I didn't exceed 10 mph but it seemed like a hybrid with its lack of low end torque. It didnt have enough torque at idle to go on the rack. Little piddly cars do that at idle. The only impressive modern Ford is the 6.2L and maybe the 5.0L. The 4.2L seems to be more torquey that the turbo 6.

Bearsthetruck

Reaction score
I was leaving my girlfriend's house kinda late one night and I approached a stop light before getting onto the freeway. Up comes a 90's model Ford Fail150. The driver was with his presumed girlfriend he gave me the rev. So green turns the light and we take off. Off the line my old stock tbi have him the blues. Since the freeway merged, he had no opportunity to redeem himself lol.

He sped pass me on the freeway angry lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I've only ever done oil changes on those trucks, none ever came in while I was an actual mechanic at the ford garage, but I could tell they were a . I didn't exceed 10 mph but it seemed like a hybrid with its lack of low end torque. It didnt have enough torque at idle to go on the rack. Little piddly cars do that at idle. The only impressive modern Ford is the 6.2L and maybe the 5.0L. The 4.2L seems to be more torquey that the turbo 6.

At the ford dealer I worked at many years ago, there was a 3" high lip from the parking lot into the bodyshop. If you rolled a truck up against it, and stepped on the fuel, it would 'stall' and not climb over it with moderate throttle application. You had to 'bump' over that lip. I never floored a truck like that to see what happened. Most other vehicles would climb that lip without effort.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I find the bashing on the Ecoboost Fords kind of interesting. My buddy has a '12 Ecoboost and that things insane. Completely stock, I launch my truck off a light and he takes me right from the dig.

Stupid 4 speed automatic in my truck.

I take most new 5.3Ls, including my bestfriend's, which has a CAI, tune and exhaust, and that Ecoboost destroys me, so...

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I find the bashing on the Ecoboost Fords kind of interesting. My buddy has a '12 Ecoboost and that things insane. Completely stock, I launch my truck off a light and he takes me right from the dig.

Stupid 4 speed automatic in my truck.

I take most new 5.3Ls, including my bestfriend's, which has a CAI, tune and exhaust, and that Ecoboost destroys me, so...
I find that VERY hard to believe

Troy Denby

Reaction score
When I say detritus from my shop floor, I guess I should have explained that I am lucky enough to have some pretty good left overs to build my junk engines, and transmissions with....When I figure out how to post pictures I'll show ya what I mean.....still killing economist fords...

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I find that VERY hard to believe

Why would you say that? From a dig, I can take my buddy's 09 half ton with a 5.3L, 4 speed auto, 35" tires, CAI, full exhaust and a tune from 0 all the way til 50, at which point, I shift into second, and he revs out to 70km/h, and screams past me before he shifts into second.

A six speed ecoboost leaves both my truck and my buddy's truck for dead, right from a stop, as long as its launched right. It's all about making sure those turboes are spooled up and ready to go when you let go of that brake...