answer to any 4l60e trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure if this is transmission or something else , but when shifting between first and second, not sure how to explain, but its like it doesn't just shift, like it rolls, or slips into it, like instead of just shifting it takes slightly longer

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
not sure if this is transmission or something else , but when shifting between first and second, not sure how to explain, but its like it doesn't just shift, like it rolls, or slips into it, like instead of just shifting it takes slightly longer

hows your fluid look and how does it act in WOT

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
fluids ok, put some lucas in it, but that didn't make it go away, almost feels like its further back then the tranny, is that u joints or something?

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4wd, but driving normaly, when I have it to the floor it doesn't do it, not sure if its related, but sometimes when I take foot off when slowing down it almost shudders

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
sounds like your torque converter, if it refused to shift in WOT then id say it would be a clutch or band issue, but the term shudder almost always measn failing TC

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
didn't know a torque converter could go bad, not like I know much about transmissions, would they even do anything to it in a normal rebuild?
or just have to replace it, was planning on doing something to tranny eventualy, due to leak
the other problem might be further back, atleast it feels like its more towards rear axle

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
yeah TC go bad, its not as often as the transmission, but i bought a 2200 stall from monster transmission at a ggod price and its garunteed to 500 hp, but the general rule for torque converters and rebuilds is, a new TC with every rebuild, completely stock TC goes for under $100 but spending $250 is well worth it