Another RHamill Tranny Thread, Hop In!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My buddy owns a shop & I asked him to flush mine when I first got it. He told me no without a pause, then explained why. If you have a high mileage tranny you havent yourself kept in tip top shape there is build up that can come loose when flushing properly. That build up gets stuck in other areas during the flush causing the tranny issues after the flush. Flushing is only a good idea on a system you know is clean & has its fluid changed on the regular. For a high mileage tranny just drain the old fluid & refill with a new filter, do not flush.

He also gave me the same mileage number as Chris stated, should be done every 30k miles minimum, more if you have the cash to do so just for piece of mind. I'm sure mine is gonna be due for a rebuild sometime soon, its got 213k miles on the clock.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then I'd say its just time for a rebuild. I'd check the converter out too while the tranny is out.