another problem with the 6.5 diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright.. sorry guys.. i feel like a pain...

Yesturday the truck started sputtering and randomly shutting off while i was driving down the road... it would start right back up but only run for a few seconds then shut off again. I ended up sitting along side the road for about 40 mins before it would start and run long enough for me to get home. Today i changed the fuel filters and added diesel 911. I started it and let it run for about 30 mins then took it for a ride.. it ran good other then smoking a bit. I stopped at a store and shut it off to run in.. i came out started it to go home but it only ran for a few seconds then died, i restarted it and it did it again... now thats all it will do... tomorrow i am going to tow it to a friends garage to check the fuel presure... any one have any clues? A friend on facebook iis thinking maybe the pmd went

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
PMD...Its so common that most people keep a junkyard spare in the glovebox...just in case.

I relocated mine to the front skid plate with the HEATH kit...so far, a year later, no problems.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I knew a guy who relocated his PMD behind one of the front holes on the diesel bumper so it wouldnt overheat. Just to give you a cool little idea.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kit from leroydiesel relocates the PMD to the bumper holes. Been running his kits for 4 yrs and 125K on one and no issues.

Other than that check the gounds and fuel pressure (voltage AT lp too)

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
yup. relocate the pmd with a kit. Carry your old one as a 'just in case'

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So ya think the pmd is shot? I dont wanna fork the $350 without being certain ya know.. lol