Another pre 88-94 to 95-98 interior swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scuby

Reaction score
I have a lot of questions about swapping a 95+ interior in my 88-94 truck.

I have a ext. cab 1990. that came with factory power windows and power locks. I'm having a hell of a time getting the door wiring done.

I've got the inner door skins in. The dash will go in smoothly. All the physical stuff is easy.

I'm not stranger to wiring but there are literally 10's of pages of confusing and misleading information on the web. At FSC etc. I've spent two days reading and I am frustrated.

I've got my driver side window working on the 95+ switch. The rest won't work and doesn't make sense. For one thing one of the grounds I'm supposed to wire up just shorts right off the bat (this is for the pwr lock switch)

How do I re-wire to use the 95+ switches with my reverse polarity locks? (not positive trigger) or do I have to swap in a relay etc.?

Is it true that if I don't have the passanger side switch wired up it won't operate from the drivers side?

Does anyone have an actual color to color match on the HVAC system as I see many who claim to have done it with success but NO information on HOW. Also looking for color coding on wiring for the power mirrrors.

Looking for some help. This is my daily work truck and I need it working well.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not not well educated in this area, but post some pictures of what you're working with, usually helps draw in some replies.

Softballmom92

Reaction score
I have a lot of questions about swapping a 95+ interior in my 88-94 truck.

I have a ext. cab 1990. that came with factory power windows and power locks. I'm having a hell of a time getting the door wiring done.

I've got the inner door skins in. The dash will go in smoothly. All the physical stuff is easy.

I'm not stranger to wiring but there are literally 10's of pages of confusing and misleading information on the web. At FSC etc. I've spent two days reading and I am frustrated.

I've got my driver side window working on the 95+ switch. The rest won't work and doesn't make sense. For one thing one of the grounds I'm supposed to wire up just shorts right off the bat (this is for the pwr lock switch)

How do I re-wire to use the 95+ switches with my reverse polarity locks? (not positive trigger) or do I have to swap in a relay etc.?

Is it true that if I don't have the passanger side switch wired up it won't operate from the drivers side?

Does anyone have an actual color to color match on the HVAC system as I see many who claim to have done it with success but NO information on HOW. Also looking for color coding on wiring for the power mirrrors.

Looking for some help. This is my daily work truck and I need it working well.
Did you swap seats and everything? I'm in the process of rehabilitating my 1992 xcab and wanting to use 95+ interior. I'm curious to see everything you are doing on this project, and how it all fit together.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I would assume the seats are a direct swap, you may need to swap the rails, but they should just be a direct swap from the old to the new seats.

alanmorris07

Reaction score
scuby - do you have the wiring diagram for your doors.... i have a 93 Silverado that im trying to swap to a 95 door panel - All power on both.

I believe i have a 6 pin and a 8 pin ...... do I need the 451m relay to reverse the trigger to make them work ??

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I have gathered everything to do this swap myself, and I have not made it to install time yet because I wanted to have all my parts first.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
For an update to this thread, I have finished my swap, all but the steering column. Everything but the power locks work, which is good with me since the lock cylinders are a pain to deal with.

RmeSGT

Reaction score
I swapped newer door panels in my 1993 because I got tired of the bad design on the attachment point on the armrests. Instead of monkeying around with wiring, I just used a dremel and did some creative bodywork to retrofit my 1993 switches (both window and locks) into the newer door panels. Still trying to find the "right" feel/aesthetics, but I believe the final result will be great!

My big issue is I want to add the factory keyless entry option to my power lock truck. I know I can accomplish the same thing with a plug/play aftermarket system but want to use the factory BowTie fob.

So, I researched and I found the Delco receiver and both key fobs in a 1994 S10 Blazer at a local bone yard. It seems that the option was uncommon enough that I can't locate a wiring diagram to transplant the receiver in the truck. I have a friend who owns a 1993 Suburban that has the option. So I tried to use it to make my own diagram, but couldn't find his receiver or any wiring remotely similarly color coded to the wires I left on my receiver. I'll post photos of the receiver I have, can someone please provide some guidance? I'd love to contribute back to the group by documenting what needs done so others can make this upgrade also.