Another Oil Cooler Line Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My oil cooler lines are leaking from the crimps for a third time, and I was thinking about making some braided -10 AN lines from Summit. I know the adaptor block is 3/8 npt, but I don't know about the ports on the radiator, and I plan to take the lines to the local hydraulic shop to tell me what size, pitch etc. they are. I recall seeing photos of this done on an external cooler for a 6.5, but I don't remember where or by whom. Thoughts or discussion on this is appreciated.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just have the hydraulic shop make the whole line with their hose. I would trust a quality hydraulic hose before Summit's braided lines. Taking the hose with you will allow them to match up the proper O-ring fitting for the radiator end. If nothing else, I've seen them cut specialty ends off an old hose, flare the tubing, and attach it to the hose with a standard flare or JIC fitting. Be sure to specify the 3/8 NPT fitting on the engine end.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My local NAPA auto parts makes all my hydraulic lines, way cheaper than any generic kit you'll buy.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been putting hydraulic lines on lots of gm vehicle's for years. They are a little more expensive then just run of the mill dorman lines but you will never do it again!

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ended up having hydraulic lines made at the local Omni for $60. Will install on my next day off.